On Tue, April 4, 2006 11:44 am, Cheryl Chase said:

> Are there OS functions that rely on perl? What sorts of things?

Just to answer: yes, there are OS functions that rely on perl.  If I was
on my Mac I could probably pull up quite a few.  One I'm fairly sure that
uses perl is installers.  (Not always, but often.)

XCode makes it relatively simple to embed basic scripts (perl, shell, or
otherwise) into a project.  It wouldn't surprise me to find Perl is all
kinds of odd applications, for some quick thing.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.