Hello all,

I am unable to help myself out of this problem. My module cpan is always
complaining, when I issue an install command with errors like follows:

***
gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on configuration file
`/Users/mareklaptop/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on configuration file
`/Users/mareklaptop/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
gpg: Signature made Sun Jun 11 18:26:58 2006 CEST using DSA key ID 450F89EC
gpg: external program calls are disabled due to unsafe options file
permissions
gpg: keyserver communications error: general error

Signature invalid for distribution file. Please investigate.
***

I have installed gpg, it is true some weeks ago, because I was sometimes
stumbling over these gpg messages with the Module cpan. But now, nothing
goes ...

The rights in my gnupg-folder are as follows:

[markslap:~/.gnupg] mareklap% ls -l
total 224
 16 -rw-------  1 mareklap  staff   8082 12 Jun 22:28 gpg.conf
184 -rw-r--r--  1 mareklap  staff  93826  5 Jun 07:58 pubring.gpg
  8 -rw-------  1 mareklap  staff    600 10 Jun 06:49 random_seed
  8 -rw-------  1 mareklap  staff   1107 17 Apr 12:06 secring.gpg
  8 -rw-------  1 mareklap  staff   1200  5 Jun 07:59 trustdb.gpg

I already changed the rights of gpg.conf to 755, without any success. In the
config-file ( gpg.conf ) is an uncommented:

    keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net

and

    keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

thank you very much for any hint

marek

ps: MacOS 10.3.9 - Perl v5.8.8

        the embassy for talented young musicians
    Podium International | Marek Stepanek | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        http://www.PodiumInternational.org