Hi,

For months I've been trying to figure out what's causing some perl zombie processes on my system. Looks like it might be the script menu. I have a script menu item called "tunnels.pl" that establishes some SSH tunnels, and it works fine. But after I run it, I see this:

% ps auxww|grep '[p]erl'
ken 14697 0.0 0.0 0 0 ?? Z 31Dec69 0:00.00 (perl)

Its parent process is 1982, which is /System/Library/CoreServices/ SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/S
ystemUIServer -psn_0_786433 .

Can other people confirm this? Any known bug covering this or something (not sure where to look)?

 -Ken