OS X 10.5 created some permissions issues for me as well. Look into setuid and maybe OSX ACLs (access control lists).

On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Alexander Medina wrote:

re inheriting the same permissions,
with the same local user and group as the owner that is used by Final Cut Server to connect. I have tried manually creating these folders directly from the linux machine (as the same local user) and do not receive the same issue. I have tried using a "chmod -R 777 /vol1/mydir" in my perl script. I have also tried using the "mkdir ("/vol1/mydir", 0777)", neither of these