On Sun, 07 Sep 2008, Vic Norton wrote:
> I want to access https URLs on the web via LPW. To do this I need
> Crypt::SSLeay.
[...]
> How do I get Perl to recognize a Perl module ported via MacPorts? In
> particular, how do I get LPW::UserAgent to see Crypt::SSLeay?

I don't know what the problem with the MacPorts version is, but if you
don't get it to work, then you could also try ActivePerl for OS X:

    http://www.activestate.com/activeperl

It installs into /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.8 (or 5.10) and does not
interfere with the Perl version preinstalled by Apple.  The latest
versions of ActivePerl already have Crypt::SSLeay included.

Cheers,
-Jan