At 18:23 -0400 9/7/08, Vic Norton wrote:
As far as I can tell Perl on a Mac pays absolutely no attention the
environmental variable PERL5LIB. I have eliminated all PERL5LIB  specifications
on my machine.

You WILL have that problem if you try to define PERL5LIB as an environment
variable in your .profile or one of the *rc scripts.

If you define it in $HOME/.MacOSX/environment.plist it will actually be read at
log in to aqua time and will be reflected in whatever shell script or bbedit
worksheet that you open after that.

A login to MacOS neXt bears no resemblance to a login via ssh.

--
--> If  it's not  on  fire  it's  a  software  problem. <--