Daniel J. Luke wrote:
On Apr 5, 2007, at 3:54 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:
The scala tarball doesn't extract into a new subdirectory and instead just extracts into the directory where you run tar, i.e. a tarbomb. So in work/, you see a bin/ and a share/ directory.

Is there an easy, clean way to deal with this in MacPorts? I looked at specifying some extract options, but I didn't see anything. I tried passing the ${distname} to tar -C's option to create the subdirectory, but this doesn't work, since the directory to put it in doesn't exist yet.

You could create the subdirectory in pre-extract and then do the above.

Thanks, that did the trick. Reading portfile and looking through the source, I didn't see that option.

Regards,
Blair