Rainer Müller wrote:
Boyd Waters wrote:
On Aug 21, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

This change will break ports that depends on "python24" and then try
to use the "python" binary, either directly with
#!/opt/local/bin/python or with e.g. #!/usr/bin/env python.

Maybe those ports using port:python24 should be patched to use
"python2.4" instead ?

Ouch, I agree...

Sorry, I didn't thought this change would make such problems. Maybe I
should have started a discussion here before.

Ports which are using the PortGroup python24 or python25 should just use
${python.bin} in their scripts.

Does "python-select" set a link to python24 or python25 ?

No, it defaults to the system provided python 2.3 since we can't know
which version the user has installed and wants to use.

If so, then things should work...  ${prefix}/bin/python should be a link
to the currently-selected Python.

Yes, it is. But without python_select you don't have any symlink there...

And of course ${prefix}/Frameworks/Python/Current should be set to point
to the correct version, as well.

Currently we don't have any other python frameworks than 2.4.

One of the issues with having a framework build for 2.5 is the framework coexistence issue.

We would like to have 2.5, and I would like to have 2.4 and 2.5 installed at the same time and have framework installs for both.

Blair