Boyd Waters wrote:

On Aug 21, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Blair Zajac wrote:

I think we we should have separate Framework directories for each Python version, otherwise if you have 2.4 and 2.5 installed on your system, then the Current symlink will point to 2.5, presumably, and you won't be able to do a framework build against 2.4.

I'm glad we're discussing this, but isn't the version issue exactly what the Framework structure is supposed to address?

I didn't see a way to tell the compiler to use an older version of an installed Framework.

I will look into Framework/Versions and see if I can't suggest something better, but in any event I vote against multiple, top-level Python framework directories (such as Libarary/Frameworks/Python24).

Well, if there's no way to have 2.4 and 2.5 installed at the same time and to have the compiler pick a specific version, then we'll have to use different top level framework directories.

Blair