On Mar 26, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Landon Fuller wrote:

Why does that matter? These "your contribution is in error!" mails are soul draining. It makes one feel as if you've stumbled into the Department of Motor Vehicles and
forgot registration form B.5.

I agree fully with Landon. The automated lint on submit should be limited, if even allowed, to severe errors that will cause the port to be unusable. We have enough of a hard time getting people to keep their ports up to date, without adding layers of unneeded complexity.

I don't mind if somebody wants to be able to run a lint that shows tweaky and silly warnings, but that should be their choice, on their system.

We should either:

        - Disable the automated link-on-submit
        - Or cause it to show severe errors only

James