On Jun 6, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to simply make the creation and homing of a testing framework a bigger priority? I've said it many times, but I'll say it again: If someone can handle the creation part, I'm fairly confident that the "homing" situation can be worked out.

There have been a few attempts at this in the past - what was wrong with them again? (I can remember at least three - your chroot build scripts, wbb4's builds that auto generated a website that listed failures and successes, and blb's mpab http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MPAB)

Perhaps there's just a little more work that needs to happen to get things into a state where we can work out the 'homing' situation?

I actually had a hacked up version of your scripts running with disk images (with the ports getting installed onto shadow files - I was thinking it might be possible to build packages from that output too ...) but got distracted by something shiny ;-)

... but packaging will all be fixed once we get apkg, right? ;-)
--
Daniel J. Luke