On Jul 14, 2009, at 7:28 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
Here is my final port, my areas of concern are the livecheck regex. That is a copy and paste from elsewhere, and I can not break it out. You have to escape regex inside livecheck?

Yes, if you use quotations, you must use double escapes. If you use braces, then only one escape is needed.

So d+ is all numbers, that ?: is a mystery to me, and then a dot, and then a digit, and then aything. I have three distinct version digits, so there may be some altering that needs to happen here. Perhaps the * means, match the pattern of digit and dot as many times as it happens?

The d is "one numeric digit or more." The ?: basically means find the first one and stop -- saves on speed and memory versus matching the whole line. * means 0 or more (and finally ? means 0 or 1 -- that's ? + and * quantifiers).

Any other suggestions before I ship it off to trac?

Does it pass `port lint --nitpick memtester`?