On Jul 15, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:

sudo port -d dmg memtester
Is there a way on the command above to alter prefix for the one time build to /usr/local/bin and is there a way to also alter it to be able to put the man page in the correct place?

Or do I just create a separate local port for these specific needs?

I believe that build only happens if destroot is empty or you force it; autoclean can be your enemy. That being said, you can build macports to use any prefix you desire, and use it strictly for building/testing your dmg.

On a per-port level -- I'm not sure I'd suggest that since all the dependencies should also be in this specified location. The easiest way to achieve that is just compiling MacPorts for another prefix.