At 11:03 PM -0400 10/4/13, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Oct 4, 2013, at 9:39 PM, Craig Treleaven <ctrelea...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

I actually don't know how the test _can succeed_ with XCode 5? There is no '-L' flag to indicate that the library is under /opt/local/lib.

MacPorts sets the LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in the configure phase, which sufficiently recent compilers take into account when linking. I don't know exactly when Clang started respecting it.

Thank you! From some searching, I found a bug report [1] for Qt4-mac related to this problem. One comment suggested that XCode >= 4.5 and clang >= 3.1 will respect LIBRARY_PATH. Can someone confirm?

[1] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/37878

BTW, I realize I could set a -L flag in LDFLAGS but Myth includes modified versions of FFMPEG, dvdnav and a few other libraries. The contents of LDFLAGS gets included early in the link line and therefore will try to link against any MacPorts-installed versions of these libraries. Not surprisingly, that never works out well. ;)

Craig