Hi,

The other thing to realise with git is commits are a lot cheaper, as in the
first instance they are only to your local checkout. So if you have a bunch of
’this commit is just so I can save the current state of this branch and switch
to another’ commits these can be squashed before you eventually push that
branch upstream and submit a PR for it, so they never appear in the final
history. For this reason committing partially completed pieces of work is not
an issue, as you can finally squash them to a single ‘this implements this’
commit before pushing it.

cheers Chris