On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 10:55:36AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
I would be slightly in favour of taking the parent of PR as a
reference (that is: the exact state of the branch of the PR, so not
even trying to create portindex from master) unless that unnecessarily
complicates matters (if so, we can simply take trunk and stop worrying
about anything; in most cases that won't make a difference anyway).

Travis only fetches the merged ref
`git fetch origin +refs/pull/542/merge:`, so it does complicate matters.

What exactly did you have in mind with filtering?

I thought of `grep`ing the output for "Failed to parse file" and ignore
broken Portfiles not touched by the PR like this one
Failed to parse file python/py-pydot/Portfile: can't read "_name": no such
variable
in https://travis-ci.org/macports/macports-ports/jobs/248896726.

Mojca

--