On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 09:57:58AM +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On 18 March 2018 at 08:33, Zero King wrote:
Hi,

Port w3m needs patches from Debian to fix security issues. Currently,
the patches are added to the ports tree and takes ~800KiB. Since its
size will grow, I'd prefer to fetch the patches from Debian archives
(e.g. w3m_0.5.3-36.debian.tar.xz).

I tried to add the archive and ${workpath}/.../020_debian.patch to
distfiles and patchfiles, but that didn't work because port(1) attempted
to fetch the patchfiles into ${distpath} and `DEBUG: Fetching distfile
failed: No such file or directory`.

I would add the patches to distfiles and include debian site in
master_sites. You then need to keep your fingers crossed that the main
distfile is also packaged as tar.xz because you need to manually
extract some of the files otherwise (MacPorts does not yet support
extracting from different types of archives).

The main distfile is tar.gz. Should I mirror the patches elsewhere to
reduce the burden on our main repo? Homebrew has
https://github.com/Homebrew/formula-patches for example.

I would imagine that
   patchfiles ${worksrcdir}/.../020_debian.patch
should work, but I didn't test.

This failed too.

--
Best regards,