On 2022-6-7 21:43 , Christopher Nielsen wrote:
On 2022-06-06-M, at 13:53, Joshua Root <j...@macports.org> wrote:

Try fetching the same file twice in a row. In my experience, the first fetch
from a cold cache is quite slow, but once the local node has the file, it will
saturate my connection.

I’ve tried that numerous times over the past few months, but the behavior is
extremely consistent: The download speed is tightly throttled at exactly 1
MB/sec, even after two or three back-to-back fetches.

Well, that's clearly not the case for all ISPs and all Fastly POPs. More data is needed to know where the throttling is happening.

- Josh