On 07/06/2022 3:09 pm, Joshua Root wrote:
On 2022-6-7 21:43 , Christopher Nielsen wrote:
On 2022-06-06-M, at 13:53, Joshua Root <j...@macports.org> wrote:

Try fetching the same file twice in a row. In my experience, the first fetch from a cold cache is quite slow, but once the local node has the file, it will saturate my connection.

I’ve tried that numerous times over the past few months, but the behavior is extremely consistent: The download speed is tightly throttled at exactly 1 MB/sec, even after two or three back-to-back fetches.

Well, that's clearly not the case for all ISPs and all Fastly POPs. More data is needed to know where the throttling is happening.

Indeed, I for one see no evidence of any throttling

> wget https://packages.macports.org/llvm-13/llvm-13-13.0.1_2.darwin_21.x86_64.tbz2

Gives me 39.3MB/s on my work network, and 8.5MB/s on my home ISP.

Chris - I suspect the issue is more your end, or your ISP, than the servers per se.

cheers (another) Chris