Try moving /usr/local aside (renaming it) to see if that helps.

sudo mv /usr/local /usr/local-off

If it does, then something in /usr/local is conflicting, and again, I recommend not having anything in /usr/local (though /usr/local/ anything is fine, so /usr/local/mysql and /usr/local/php5 are not a problem, but the lib, bin, libexec, sbin and share directories could be).