Kok-Yong Tan wrote:

On Dec 1, 2007, at 15:25, Jesse Ohlsson wrote:

Hello,

Trying to get wireshark installed, and it looked good until the install script got to the gtk2 installation.

(G5 powerpc, OS X 10.5.1, MacPorts 1.520)

Here's the install output:

<snip>

--->  Fetching gtk2
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned:
You must install gtk2 with either the +quartz or +x11 variant specified.

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gtk2 libpcap openssl

Does anyone know what to do next?

Try this in order (I bumped into this same issue and did the following):

sudo port -Rv install gtk2 +x11
sudo port -Rv install libpcap
sudo port -Rv install openssl
sudo port -Rv install wireshark

I skipped that mysef, just uninstalled gtk2, and then installed it with the +x11 variant. Got my new Macbook yesterday, I've been going slightly crazy getting everything the way I want it.

Does anyone know if the Quartz build works as well?

-- Jay