On Mar 19, 2011, at 23:31, Dontino wrote:

> Hi, I am wondering, after installing gcc45, gcc46 and gcc_select, can I
> uninstall xcode 4 as I no longer need it.

If you no longer wish to install any additional ports, nor upgrade your
existing ports, you could uninstall Xcode. However, if you do intend to build
anything with MacPorts later, it will most likely need Xcode to do so. (Unless
you're talking about the small handful of ports that use a MacPorts compiler
like gcc45 or gcc46 instead of the Xcode compiler.)