> On Aug 17, 2015, at 4:18 PM, - <dandun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On asking how one registers to submit a ticket when there are no apparant
> text entry fields to register when I attempted it at:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/auth/login/?next=/newticket
>
> A reply:
>
>> Register link works fine here, you only need to enter a valid email address
>> and desired password.  The login dialog looks almost identical to the
>> registration dialog.
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/auth/register/
>> <https://trac.macports.org/auth/register/>
>>
>> -Mike
>
> This gave me a clue why it doesn't work for me using the lynx browser. Taking
> a quick look under the hood for the html coding for that url found it uses
> java script.  Lynx doesn't use java script, thus even the text fields to
> register don't appear.
>
> I'm a blind computer user who prefers lynx because it is a text only browser;
> for obvious reasons.
>
> The register function and any others at the macports site can be accomplished
> using standard non-java coding.  Perhaps some thought should be given this.

I see both text fields when using both the lynx and links browsers (as provided
by macports).

In fact, dumping the html for the register page (curl
https://trac.macports.org/auth/register/) doesn’t show any apparent use of
javascript in the form itself:

   <form method="post" action="" >

id="id_email" type="text" name="email" maxlength="255" /></td></tr>
         <input class="submit" type="submit" value="Register">

   </form>

as the above poster said, the form for
https://trac.macports.org/auth/login/?next=/newticket is almost identical:

   <form method="post" action="" >

id="id_email" type="text" name="email" maxlength="255" /></td></tr>
type="password" name="password" id="id_password" /><input type="hidden"
         <input class="submit" type="submit" value="Login">

   </form>

I was able to log in and view the new ticket form with my macports
username/password in both the lynx and links browsers.

--
Daniel J. Luke