> On Dec 23, 2015, at 12:38 AM, John T. Chung <jch...@nyquest.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryan, thanks for the reply.
> I can rebuild it, if needed, but since it took about 48 hours. I'd prefer to
> avoid it if possible,
>
> If this was built on my local system, do you know where the staging directory
> possibly might be?
> I was just going to see if I can construct that archive manually.

Have you solved whatever problem caused the I/O error? That's the first thing
to do. If your disk is having a hardware failure, it needs to be replaced. If
the disk is corrupted, it needs to be repaired. If the disk is full, more space
needs to be made available.

If you haven't yet run "sudo port clean clang-3.4", the staging directory is
the directory called "destroot" inside the directory identified by running the
command "port work clang-3.4".

You should not attempt to create the archive manually. Rather, get MacPorts to
recreate it.

For example, run "sudo port uninstall clang-3.4", then run "sudo port install
clang-3.4". This should use the existing destroot directory to make and install
a new archive.