Am 28.01.2017 um 17:31 schrieb Barry Scott:
I want to be able to stop MacPorts Installation from editing my .bash_profile.
As it happens I already set all the env var that are needed my self.

Is there a “do-not-edit-bash-profile” settings somewhere?

So far I have 3 sets of the settings in the same file.

Barry

This is driving me mad as well. >:[[

Whenever I install a new base using the pkg it changes my .bash_profile, even though I set all my paths in /etc/paths and am using MacPort's Bash as my default shell. Nothing should change my .bash_profile without asking back. It is something that malware usually does.