> Ok. But as I understand HID is very basic. If you want to use all features of
> a device, you have to use the devices "own" protocol.
> (To query the battery status for instance).
> What does the 'boot-protocol' mean, what are the other protocol types?

Ok, the HIDBP (HID Boot-Protocol) is very basic...

I found this:

There are two options for using a USB mouse or a USB keyboard - the standalone
Boot Protocol (HIDBP) way and the full featured HID driver way. The Boot
Protocol way is generally inferior, and this document describes the full
featured way. The Boot Protocol way may be appropriate for embedded systems
and other systems with resource constraints and no real need for the full
keyboard and mouse capabilities.

I think now I got the right idea! I mixed HID / HIDBP / HCI up...

> If I switch a device from HID mode to HCI, does the device give the plain USB
> data?
>
> Does the HID protocol have support for the scroll-wheel?

Yes, but probably not the HIDBP.

Now the question:

 How do I switch my bluetooth mouse to full HID mode?

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# hidd --show
> 00:12:A1:60:8A:33 Bluetooth HID Boot Protocol Device [0a5c:0001] connected
[boot-protocol]

I think this means it's will in HIDBP mode. Maybe I'm wrong?!

My "USB HIDBP Mouse" option in the kernel is turned off.

Regards
 Sven

--
 Sven Anders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 () Ascii Ribbon Campaign
                                                 /\ Support plain text e-mail

Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft - Sitz: Passau - Amtsgericht Passau HRB 6032
Mitglieder des Vorstands: Sven Anders, Marcus Junker
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dipl. Kfm. Thomas Träger
begin:vcard
fn:Sven Anders
n:Anders;Sven
org:ANDURAS AG;Research and Development
adr;quoted-printable:;;Innstra=C3=9Fe 71;Passau;Bavaria;94036;Germany
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Dipl. Inf.
tel;work:++49 (0)851 / 490 50 -0
tel;fax:++49 (0)851 / 590 50 - 55