Hello!

I'm using rEFIt to dual (triple) boot MacOS and Linux.
Now I want to use the MacOS ext2 filesystem driver, but it does not recognize
my Linux partition. Maybe it's not recognizing the correct type of the
partition on the GPT.

This what it looks from Linux (using fdisk):

Disk /dev/sda: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 19457 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/sda1               1          26      204819+  ee  EFI GPT
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sda2              26        5884    47054848   af  Unknown
Partition 2 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sda3   *        5884       18042    97656250+  ef  EFI (FAT-12/16/32)
Partition 3 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sda4           18042       19209     9375000+   7  HPFS/NTFS
Partition 4 does not end on cylinder boundary.

I'm not sure if I can simply set the type (Id) to "Linux"...

The MacOS Partition tool does not show the right type either. I think
the GUID of the partition on the GPT is set wrong.

I want to change this and this is my question:

  How can I edit the GUIDs of the GPT?
  Is there an tool (under Linux or MacOSX) to do this?

The gptsync tool from the rEFIt does not set/change the right GUID, and
I'm not sure if there is a problem, which resulted in the current
types I have set.

Regards
 Sven
--
 Sven Anders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 () Ascii Ribbon Campaign
                                                 /\ Support plain text e-mail

Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft - Sitz: Passau - Amtsgericht Passau HRB 6032
Mitglieder des Vorstands: Sven Anders, Marcus Junker
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dipl. Kfm. Thomas Tra"ger
begin:vcard
fn:Sven Anders
n:Anders;Sven
org:ANDURAS AG;Research and Development
adr;quoted-printable:;;Innstra=C3=9Fe 71;Passau;Bavaria;94036;Germany
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Dipl. Inf.
tel;work:++49 (0)851 / 490 50 -0
tel;fax:++49 (0)851 / 590 50 - 55