Hi,

There is a tidbit of Mac and USB info to share here though.  Low
voltage in a USB series can cause devices not to charge or function
properly.  What I mean by a series is a chain of connected USB
devices that run off a single USB powered bus.  So for example, if
you have a power hungry  device plugged into the keyboard, along with
a mouse, depending on the voltage requirements of the USB device, you
may not have enough to charge it or allow it to  operate properly.
Note that some USB drive enclosures have double USBBplugs.  This is
solely to  draw extra power from the USB bus in order to power the
hard drive.

In general, My suggestion is to run such things off of a powered USB
hub and avoid daisy chaining USB devices other than keyboard and
mouse whenever possible..

And this applies to any system.

Best,
Scott