Scott,

This system doesn't have the iTunes 8.2 upgrade yet, so I was
reporting based on iTunes 8.1.1.  I know that Command-Shift-B worked a
few weeks ago.  My guess is that they've transitioned to the a
bluetooth shortcut as part of the move to iTunes 8.2 (and maybe for
support of the new model iPhones).  So if you have iTunes 8.2
installed it may not be surprising that you don't get the
"transitional" state of being able to work the command short-cut if
you toggle VO off.  Actually, I'm set on single tracks and one-click
purchase mode right now, but I tested Command-Shift-B with a shopping
cart a few weeks ago, and it worked then!  Go figure.

Cheers,

Esther