I think what is important is you learn how to navigate with VO and
then learn the applications as would any other user regardless of
their ability or disability. I may be recalling incorrectly since it
has been years since I bothered reading the manual for Window-EYes,
but I think generally it instructed me on how to use WE and not on how
to use all the applications. Now it is possible because the keys
required for WE possibly change some behavior of an app, they might
have touched on the differences, but gee you know I couldn't tell you
what impact the windows-based screen reader has on the windows
experience. :) I understand some of what you are saying, but yet once
you learn VO, you'll learn the apps very quickly. I started off when
VO was really new, so I really had to read what info I could find and
learn from there. You know it wasn't to bad and really hey when you
think about it, a number of people have produced tutorials on how to
use this or that screen reader and this or that application, sold
them, and made money. You can do the same thing as well. Wait, maybe I
should be doing that. :)