It is not really confusing, it is that Apple does it correctly. In
other words, the way windows screen readers address the location of
the cursor in relation to the characters is not the same as a sighted
user would view it. I know someone gave a really good explanation and
I won't try to explain it since I might confuse the issue. THe point I
gather is for a sighted person, the cursor appears between two
characters instead of sitting on top of the character. This is the
most simple of explanations, but like I said, someone did explain this
and did a really good job of it.