That is actually a major difference  in regard to
accessibility.  I can walk into an Apple Store and play with the
systems right there on the floor.  Actually, I've done it quite a few
times now.  Good luck with that in the Microsoft Store.  Imagine
trying to explain to the sales person that you're just going to use
this little USB thumb drive with Window-Eyes or System Access on it to
check out the computers?  That ain't going to fly.

      This topic has been thoroughly beaten in the past on this list,
as, to sum it all up,  everyone's experiences in their local Apple
Store has ranged from amazingly impressive to disappointingly
lacking.  Without a doubt, as previously was the consensus, there
should be some level of knowledge of VoiceOver among some of the staff
of a store.  Obviously, this, as pointed out, is a major task and the
average employee probably has strengths and weaknesses with every
product sold in the store.  In other words, as a sighted friend said
to me when discussing the subject of sales people and VoiceOver in the
Apple Store around here, he dealt  with someone who knew relatively
nothing about the Airport Express and Extreme, but kew all of the
audio and video applications inside and out.  Thus, people are people,
and trying to hold them to some unreasonable standard is wishful
thinking and ... well .. unreasonable.  There has to be a realistic
perspective here, and, as mentioned, it is really rather trivial at
best compared to the very fact that VoiceOver does exist, is free, and
is part of every Mac.

Take Care

John Panarese