I generally have not had a problem with these. They do not take focus,
but you generally get a message saying Finder has a new window.
Sometimes there are "groups" that you need to interact with that VO
just says "Unknown".  I don't think Leopard has any in the system
software, but I did come across these occasionally when running Tiger.

Jon