Hi Chris,

Thanks for this notification.  I've been tracking the developments of
ABBYY OCR for the Mac because they do a particularly good job with OCR
in a multilingual environment.  They used to have a Mac version of
their OCR software quite a long time ago.  For about two years they
have made available an SDK (software developers kit) version of their
OCR software for the Mac for product manufacturers to use, and Fujitsu
has been using this packaged with the software in their ScanSnap
series of scanners for the Mac, but not with a general, TWAIN-
compliant interface.

Here's the web page I found at the ABBYY site:

http://www.abbyy.com/finereader_for_mac/

Note that clicking on links for trial versions will only show their
Windows software versions at present.  I'll keep checking on this.

Cheers,

Esther