Hi Jonathan, Rossy, Chris, and Others,

I found an announcement of a coupon code discount of 20 per cent off the price
of ABBYY Fine Reader Express for the Mac at the Mac App Deals page.  You enter
the coupon code SMBTM when you check out, which drops the price from $99.99 to
$79.99 for U.S. buyers.  Here's the link to the Mac App Deals web page, dated
July 22, 2009, just in case I made a typo in the coupon code:

http://macappdeals.com/?p=2104

Also, if you check the description of this application at:

http://www.abbyy.com/finereader_for_mac/

use VO-space to expand the descriptions of "Key Features", "FAQs", "Typical
Use", and "System Specifications" so you can read the details.

Here's another page at the ABBYY web site that summarizes some of this
information on a page that doesn't require expanding the headings:

http://www.abbyyusa.com/shop/FREXMac.htm

I'll excerpt a part dealing with multi-lingual support:

<begin excerpt>
The application supports 171 recognition languages, including English, German,
French, Greek, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Russian,
Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, Malay, Indonesian and
many others. Of those, 36 languages have dictionary support to provide the best
possible conversion results. It also accurately recognizes multi-lingual
documents containing up to three different languages.
<end excerpt>

Cheers,

Esther