Hi there,

I don't know if you have used a Mac before or if this is your first,
so just in case you haven't, I'll explain that way.

The Apple key is the Command key, located to the left of the space
bar. With the Macbook, you'll need to use Function as well. So to turn
on Voiceover after the computer starts up, press Command plus
Function, plus F5. The function key is the key on the bottom left
corner, 2 keys over from your command key. You will hear "Voiceover
on". It's already read to go, no installation of the screenreader
necessary.

HTH,
Rayna