Hello there:

Strange. I must be the local contrarian (smile). Attempted to
duplicate the problem by having someone ... actually a few someones
call while performing a route in Navigon. I could not reproduce it.

At the end of the call I performed the 2 finger double tap and navigon
was still there.

Did you answer the call via the 2 finger double tap and end it that
way or some other way. Really wanting to make this happen in order
that I might understand.

Sorry not to be of more assistance on this one.
On Aug 10, 2009, at 11:05 AM, Chris Blouch wrote:

> I'm not very familiar with Navagon but in general there are no
> background tasks on the iPhone so when you receive a call whatever you
> were doing gets put on hold. The has been a complaint when folks use
> GPSes that show breadcrumb trails or calculate real time routes as
> they
> stop working while on the phone and can get in a weird state. Did you
> try just going home and then restarting navigon? iPhone apps are
> supposed to keep their state information so when you come back its as
> though you never left.
>
> CB
>
> Chris Hofstader wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While I have had and enjoyed my iPhone for about a month and a
>> half, I
>> hadn't, before yesterday, needed to switch between running tasks.
>> Specifically, I was following directions to our local YWCA using
>> Navigon yesterday.  I received a phone call and, after hanging up, I
>> couldn't figure out how to get back to Navigon to look at some
>> things.  Navigon continued giving me directions but I could not get
>> back to its interface where VoiceOver reads the street names and
>> such.
>>
>> I looked in the iPhone manual and searched on "task switching" and
>> "background task" using VO's search facility as well as the one in
>> Preview and didn't find anything.  I can't believe that this would be
>> too difficult but I can't find it in the manual given the search
>> criteria I can think up.
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated.  I'm going back into the manual to see
>> what I might be able to find.
>>
>> Happy Hacking,
>> cdh

Take good care and I wish you enough.