Hi,

Once again, it was my own fault as I did another completely boneheaded
thing.  The iPhone documentation says that the Home key, "shuts down
the running application and returns to the Home screen."  After
hanging up from my call (two finger double tap), I hit the Home key so
I could quickly check the weather.  Then, I went to page two of my
Home and started Navigon again.

When I did this while not navigating, Navigon started from the
beginning rather than returning me to the address edit page so, I
assumed that, as the quote from the iPhone documentation cited above
that the Home key in fact "killed" the Navigon process.  When I
repeated the process, calling myself from my old T-Mobile Dash with
Mobile Speak Smartphone on it and Navigon in navigation mode, it
continued to run after I went back to the home screen to turn it back
on.

I don't know if this is a flaw in Navigon or not.  If I'm in the
middle of editing an address and go to the home screen for some
reason, I think I should be returned to the edit field or, at the very
least, the program should ask me if I want to continue where I left
off last time.

Once again, while Navigon isn't up to Mobile Geo yet, it does enough
really well to justify its price.  I'd prefer something based upon the
Sendero engine as it provides a whole lot of very pedestrian oriented
information  far beyond any other solution.  At the same time, the
Sendero royalty structure forces the AT vendors to keep their prices
very high and, at $70, Navigon provides an acceptable alternative for
use in places with which one is at least modestly familiar.

Maybe I'll do a blog item on Navigon v. the AT solutions or just on
Navigon as I'm trying to avoid promoting "blind guy ghetto"  solutions
as I think adaptations to mainstream software and devices is the
ultimate solution for people with vision impairment.

Happy Hacking,
cdh