This might not still work, but I recall a while ago someone posting a
tip for this.
If you add the skype test call facility to your contacts, one mac user
claimed everything online would be above them, and everything below
was either offline or not contactable.

Bit of a stab in the dark because I haven't used Skype in so long I
don't even have it installed to test the reliability, but it'd be
worth someone trying this and refreshing the list on whether it works
or not.

hth
Scott