  From: Scott Howell
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:37 AM
  Subject: Re: iphone vs pac mate

  Yeah, I understand that and the typing wasn't so much the issue, just
couldn't quite figure out when I was swiping left/right while in a menu; I was
hearing characters and when swiping up/down I was hearing menu items.  Like I
said, I've heard all the podcasts and the like, but really had no idea what I
was doing really only having it in my hands for just a little while. However, I
have a much better feel for it and of course without the security cable
attached, it will be much easier to hold and such. I'm very much impressed with
the phone and want one. THink I'll be a little more patient and see what
happens by the end of the year and if a new model will be out with maybe a
little better battery life. :)
  Actually, I'm wondering what folks are finding for battery life.  I'm sure
mine would be a little shorter then if just using the phone since I'd want to
replace my iPod basically. :)