And as I keep saying, make your concerns known.  It's one thing to
state your feelings here, but quite another in stating them to Apple.
If enough people really want this and write to Apple, then there is a
very good chance it will appear on the right radar screens.  There is
a number of features that ended up in Snow Leopard as a direct result
of people making their wishes known.  So, send your suggestion to
accessibil...@apple.com
  and keep reminding them from time to time.  If you think about it,
this is how many features find their ways into many products.