If you don't have a monitor, that could cause problems. For some
reason, and I'm not sure why, it wants a monitor connected, or some
programs will be very slow. There is a work around though, apple sells
an adapter, it allows you to connect the mac's DVI port to a TV, if
you connect that adapter, it will solve the problem. I bought one of
these for times when I take my mac mini to other places.