Thanks that is VERY much appreciated, i dont know many of the mac commands yet.
Greetings, Anouk,
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Esther
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 4:01 PM
  Subject: Re: beginning of document (textedit)

  Hello Anouk,

  These movement commands (like Command-Up arrow to go to the beginning of a
document, and Command-Down arrow to move to the end) are general Mac OS X
shortcuts that work in all Cocoa apps (e.g., the common utilities like
TextEdit, Mail, etc.).  For many of these commands, you can add the press of
the shift key to turn these into selections.

  Here's a link to a post in the mail archive for this list that summarizes
some of these paired movement and selection commands.

  http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/msg02038.html
  (Moving and Selecting in Cocoa Apps [was Re: lines of text])

  There's an obvious typo in one of the sequences on that page (the result of
too much cut and paste):

  command+down arrow   move to the end of the document
  shift+command+down arrow   select to the end (not beginning) of the document

  For more background on the connection between these shortcut sequences and
emacs keybindings, see Greg Kearney's post in the old list archives:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss%40macvisionaries.com/msg30978.html
  (Re: Going to the beginning and end of text)

  HTH

  Cheers,

  Esther

  a radix wrote:

    Thanks a lot, i was getting worried there! i thought cmd-up was to get up
one line but yes it brings you to the beginning of the document!
    Thanks!
    Greetings, Anouk