I'm sure you've all read about Android being the target for 97% of malware on 2013 with Symbian making up the bulk of the last 3%. iOS was 0%:

http://wmpoweruser.com/97-of-mobile-malware-in-2013-targeted-android/

CB

On 3/6/14 8:32 AM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
It is my understanding that just as with early ios devices, there is no risk for units prior to lion. which personally feels to me that these devices were largely secure in the first place. If you consider the greater apple products work with more risky platforms like Windows, the greater the security issues become. there was a time when apple was intensely tight with its proprietary stance, these editions of osx date back to those times.
Karen

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014, BBS wrote:

It's kinda like what Microsoft's doing or will do to Windows XP in April.

Shawn
Sent From My White MacBook

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of eric oyen
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 9:08 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: + ATTENTION: Immediately install patch for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices. )

I noticed one thing: apple released the patch for every version from Lion on. they did not release a patch for snow leopard (which is a shame as one of my systems here won't support a higher OS). Believe me, there are still a huge number of machines that run OS X 10.5 and 10.6. I do know that Apple has End of Lifed support for those, but when it comes to security, there shouldn't be an end of life. This is, of course, my opinion.

-eric