Hi Scott and all
All I can say is I really like both TextEdit and Pages on my Macbook Pro 2012 model. Numbers for the mac I plan to get in the near future as well as Keynote which is Apple's answer to Microsoft PowerPoint. I've heard great things though about the latest Numbers and Keynote all of which sound promising.

Regards Chris

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof!