I am not having this behavior but something very annoying is happening here. I
can quit safari with cmd-quite with no problem. But if I try to just close a
window, most of the time Safari crashes or "quits unexpectedly" as the message
I receive tells me. This does not happen on my other computer where I upgraded
to mavericks and then went back to Mountain Lion.