Well it's the same over here in Sweden. I was at an assistive
technology show last monday and showed the phone to a vendor and some
blind folks here and the response was basically that yes, the phone
has speech, but blind people shouldn't use touch screens at all and it
was just an interface for design and the fact that people switched was
because it was new and blind people shall use buttons and not anything
else, and why would people want a device this big? and the like.
Sometimes i wonder why i bother talking about the hottest thing in
accessibility in a long time when people just consider me a non-
representative nerd. I can't help thinking well, let them have their
bloatware, at least i have seen the light... but it's probably wrong
to think like that.
/Krister