If you want to be able to read the document but also preserve the image of the
document perfectly for sighted people, then choose to export (command-s) the
document as PDF. This will have an exact image of the document with the text
file imbedded so it's a perfect duel purpose solution.

About the FineReader File Type
When FineReader imports a document, it analyses and recognises the document. It
allows users to correct and enhance the result. For example, you could tell it
that one page is actually two columns of text, or that a certain region is a
table, or an image, or you could correct certain words that it has
mis-recognised. To get a document perfectly OCR-ed could take a lot of this
kind of work. For that reason, FineReader lets you save this as a FineReader
document. Thus you don't need to redo this analysing, recognition and
correction again. If you want the document in a different format you can just
open the FineReader file  and export it to a new file type. Or you could open
it and do some more enhancing before exporting.

All this enhancing business is not really possible if you can't see the
original document to begin with. So I never bother saving the FineReader file.
Once it's done analysing and recognising etcetera, I just export in as many
formats as I think I'll need (usually PDF and Word) and then close and delete
the FineReader document.

Best,
Nic