Hi all,

I know this is not news to many of you, but it might be for some of you so
thought I'd share it.

I think when Mavericks first came out email attachments in Mail were pretty
inaccessible unless you downloaded them from the option in the file menu. Well,
now you can navigate to them in the body of the message and press VO-space on
them. The advantage of this method is you can just choose to open the
attachment, rather than downloading and saving it. So you can read it first,
for instance, before deciding whether or not you need to save a copy. It's
pretty handy. If someone sends me a scanned PDF, for instance, I just VO-space
on it, choose open in FineReader, and then just export and save the OCR-ed
version.

I only really stumbled upon this a few weeks ago, so not sure if it was always
around in Mavericks or when it got introduced. I seem to remember being able to
do this (or something similar) in Mountain Lion, but I used to be happy
downloading and saving all my attachments back then as I didn't get as many.

Cheers,
Nic