Hi,

Here is a little overview of what is VO compatible in GB5 with SL:
You can do all basic recording, record enable/disable tracks, mute,
solo, volume, punch-in, select software instruments, set and edit
effects for each track and the master, select input source and monitor
setting, use quantize function and tuning correction, set tempo and
resolution for quantize and timing correction. You can add loops, but
not move or edit them. You can not change the pan control from
centered position, and you can not edit or move record events or
notes. You will not be able to arrange parts of your music in the
timeline. You can not see where you are in measures/beats, and you can
not use the tuner lcd.

You have currently to look at it like a tape recorder with effects and
software instruments and the ability to add loops. I know this is just
a simple overview, and do not cover many things you can do, but I
think it will give you a picture.
If you plan your recordings well, what you should always do anyway,
GarageBand will work great, and even better when everything is
accessible.

HOpe this helps,
John André